Tuesday 26 May 2015

Lux Consequences - Jennifer L Armentrout

Lux Consequences (Opal and Origin) – Jennifer L Armentrout 

*Some spoilers from the first two books are included*




Lux Consequences, contains books 3 and 4 (Opal and Origin) in the Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout. A series to which I completely love and cannot get enough of! There was a whole load of ‘What!’ ‘Huh!’ ‘NO WAY!’ and definitely a lot of ‘you sneaky little evil Hybrid!’ that passed through my lips throughout the entirety of this book!

I don’t think there was a point where I wasn’t shocked by various revelations; safe to say i had continuous jaw ache from it all...i mean seriously WHAT!



Opal
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different…and I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Origin
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back. After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together?

Opal starts off shortly after where Onyx ended, putting you right back into the thick of things. There have certainly been some changes after the first two books. The loss of Adam, Simon, Katy’s mutation, evil Will, evil Blake, Bethany, Dawson….have I missed anything out?!?! As I feel like a lot has happened in those two books! We are slowly adjusting to those changes and we are nowhere near being out of danger.

Opal and Origin centre around two main topics, finding and rescuing Bethany from Daedalus, annoyingly trusting Blake yet again!!! Then uncovering that of what Daedalus is really all about, and just what horrors are going down within it.

I want to try my hardest to not contain too many spoilers in this review, obviously I have to mention certain things from the first two books, as mentioning characters could be a giveaway, but I really want to refrain from spoiling these next books for you, as I truly was not expecting some of the twist and turns Jennifer threw at us from every corner. But wow, they were incredible! Just when you thought you knew where the book was heading, BAM! Curveball right at ya!

We are introduced to some new characters as well as learning more about the old, we see Katy and Daemon, finally committing to the feelings they have for each other and pursuing a relationship. A relationship of which I absolutely adored, I loved the banter, the chemistry and most of all…who doesn’t want Daemon! Funny, brooding, protective, swoon worthy and a badass Luxen…*sigh*…



We see the change in Dee after the loss of Adam, and the friction it has caused between her and Katy. I was really saddened by this turn, as I loved Dee and Katy as a duo, the polar opposites of sorts that they were, really made them compelling to follow. I enjoyed the inclusion of Katy into that select group of Luxen, it almost felt like one dysfunctional extended family, that Katy was now a part of.

There was continuous action and drama throughout these books, it was jam packed with information and uncovering secrets and truths that I literally flew right through it and could not stop. We get an insight into the government finally and learn more about the Luxen, and the government’s theories of what they believe they have planned.

My main gripe with this book, well Opal to be exact is Blake….Seriously….dammit if I am not furious that the little sneak sucked me right back in again, despite my better judgement not wanting to trust him….OFFT, the rage I felt when I saw I, along with the other characters had been duped! Can you believe with the warning from Luc, my main thought was to not trust Dawson…Dawson...over Blake! 


There is so much that I want to say about this book, but I really, REALLY do not want to ruin the experience for anyone. I could not get over the endings and the cliff hangers that were sprung on us; I could not get over the twists and turns, and revelations thrown at us. I love Jennifer’s writing, her humour (Area 51 and the Extra-terrestrial souvenirs…brilliant!) and her plot and character development were just beyond amazing. I Just LOVED this book, and really love this series!

I honestly recommend this series, more than I possibly could. Jennifer L Armentrout is really becoming one of my top authors, and I am so happy I finally discovered this series...I don't want it to end!!!!



I have given this book 5 out of 5 stars














No comments:

Post a Comment